Station Road, Mickleover, Derby, DE3 9GH
Find us on Google Maps
SUNDAY SERVICE TIMES:
10.00 am Morning Worship
10.00 am Sunday School and Creche
Second Sunday in month – Spark to a Flame, Alternative worship concurrent with Morning Service
Fourth Sunday in Month – All Age Worship
6.30 pm Evening Worship
CHILDREN AND FAMILIES WORKER:
9.15 am. Playgroup.
10.00 – 12.00 am. Church office open.
12.30 pm. Simply Faith
1.30 pm. Little Mickler’s Baby and Toddlers Group.
5.30 pm. Derwent Beavers.
2.30 pm. Women’s Fellowship.
4pm to 6pm. (first Tuesday in Month during school term time) Messy Church
6.30 pm. Red Fox Cub Scouts.
9.30 am. Morning Prayers.
10:00am Fun Time (1st, 3rd & 5th Wednesdays)
5.00pm. Dove Beavers
5.30 pm. Girls Brigade
7.30 pm. Wesley Guild
6.30 pm. Brown Bear Cub Scouts
7.30 pm. (Third Thursday in month) Prayer Time
9.00 – 12.00 am. Drop-in Cafe, refreshments and chat.
9.15 am. Go-Fish (under 5s with parents/carers – play, story, toy and book library)
10.00 am (Fourth Friday in month). Scrabble Group
7.00 pm. Kinder Scouts
Second Saturday in month, Walking Group – meet at Church at 9.30am
First Saturday in Month, 12.00. Lunches (open to all)
Third Saturday in Month, 10.00 am. FairTrade Cafe and Traidcraft Stall
Third Saturday in Month, 10.30 am. BUGS (Ecumenical for childrenaged 6 to 11)
Alternate Saturdays, 7.00 pm, Pathfinders (Ecumenical Group for school year 5 upwards)
The Young Adults Group meet Once a month.
Visit out website, mickleovermethodist.org.uk for programmes and details of the events.
ALL ARE WELCOME TO ANY OF THESE MEETINGS
Our Spark to a Flame Service of Alternative Worship is held at 10.00am on the second Sunday of most months. This provides an informal worshiping and learning environment for both children and adults. It runs in the large hall in parallel with the morning service in the Chapel and normally attracts about 60 people. The next service will be on 13th May. This was our April service.
- Messy Church is held monthly on the first Tuesday in the month from 4 – 6 pm. Come and share in play, games, worship, teaching, craft and a meal together.The next service is 1st May. This was our March Messy Church.
- Women’s Fellowship meets at 2,30pm on Tuesdays.The meeting starts with devotions, followed by speaker each week.The meeting ends with a cup of tea, biscuits and a chat. it is a very friendly group and would be delighted if you joined in. Our Programme is shown below
- Wesley Guild meets at 7.30pm on a Wednesday. It has a wide range of interesting speakers and an opportunity for a chat over coffee. This is the programme of talks planned for the Autumn.
- A Fairtrade Coffee Bar for the Mickleover community is open at the Methodist Church on the last Saturday of each month from 10.00 to 12 am and includes a Fairtrade stall. The next dates – 28th April and 26th May.
- Funtime. Do you like to relax and chat over tea or coffee, play games, puzzle over quizzes together and have fun? Then why not come along to Funtime at the Methodist Church on alternate Wednesday mornings. The next dates are 14th March,11th & 25th April, 9th , 23rd & 30th May, 13th &27th June.
- Go Fish is a drop in session every Friday morning at 9.15 for parents/ grandparents/ carers with pre-school children, consisting of play and access to a Christian toy/story library. All are welcome.
- If you want to relax and have a chat for a while on a Friday morning, come along to the Mickleover Methodist Church for Coffee and Cakes. It is open from 9.00 am to 12.00 every Friday. You could also join in the Scrabble Club at the same time on the last Friday of the month from 10 am.
- If you want to know more about what we are doing, see our website at www.mickleovermethodist.org.uk